Konect Electrical Services Ltd recognise that in our construction operations we inevitably impact on the environment and thus are committed to minimise the potentially harmful effects of such operations wherever and whenever possible.
The Company recognise that sustainable development is a fundamental aspect of sound business management and that the pursuit of economic growth and a healthy environment are inextricably linked.
The Company will endeavour to ensure that its policies and business activities promote sustainable development, meeting the needs of the present without compromising those of the future.
To confirm the above commitment, company management have developed a comprehensive Policy Statement appropriate to our operations as described above. This policy enables us to set objectives towards sustainable environmental improvement which can be measured and monitored regularly and, in turn, contribute to prevention of pollution and future protection of the environment.
All employees are encouraged to understand and implement the objectives of this policy in their day to day work through regular discussion, communication and training.
The Managing Director has specific responsibility for policy development, co-ordination and evaluation of performance. Contract Services is committed to minimising the impact of its operations on the environment by means of a programme of continuous improvement.
In particular Konect Electrical Services Ltd will:
- Ensure appropriate resources will continually be made available to ensure the environmental policy is implemented in full.
- Discuss environmental issues with all employees, conduct training programs and encourage best implementation practice by all Konect Electrical Services personnel.
- Meet and where appropriate, exceed the requirements of all relevant legislation – where no regulation exists we shall set our own exacting standards.
- Work with our suppliers and sub-contractors to minimise the impact of their operations on the environment through a quality purchasing policy.
- Seek to reduce the following:-
- Consumption of materials in all operations, re-use rather than dispose wherever possible, and to promote re-cycling and the use of re-cycled materials.
- Whenever and wherever practicable the level of pollution and harmful emissions.
- Noise, visual and other impacts on the local environment.
Regular review and monitoring of environmental performance will be actioned to ensure our environmental objectives and targets as described above are maintained at all times.
Our Environmental Policy Statement can be downloaded here.